REAL QUESTION: I NEED CLARIFICATION ON OWNERSHIP

Comments

2 Jump to latest
  • GKDigitalDolls GKDigitalDolls 2 hours ago
    Platinum
    Top Contributor

    My $27 Platinum payment didn’t go through, and when that happened, I could not access my products.


    That made me stop and think.


    If my products are hosted here, but I need an active $27 monthly subscription to access and manage those products, what exactly is the difference between this model and paying monthly for Stan Store, Beacons, GHL, Shopify, website hosting, or another platform?


    I’m not asking this to be negative. I’m asking because I’m auditing my business, my X-Y-Z, and I need to understand what “ownership” actually means.


    I understand paying for software. Every business has expenses.


    If I stop paying for Shopify, I understand I’m losing access to Shopify’s infrastructure.


    If I stop paying for website hosting, I understand my website can go offline.


    If I stop paying for another subscription platform, I understand I may lose access to its paid features.


    So if my Resell Circle subscription stops and I also lose access to managing the products I uploaded, isn’t that also a hosted platform relationship?


    Maybe I’m misunderstanding something. That’s why I’m asking.


    What do we actually own here?


    Do we own our product/IP?


    Do we own the customer information and relationship?


    Can we export our customer list?


    Can we download or export our products and sales data?


    What happens to our product pages when Platinum becomes inactive?


    And most importantly, why was I unable to access my products when my $27 payment didn’t process?


    These are questions I think we should understand as business owners.


    I’m not looking for an argument or trying to tear down the platform. I’m looking for the technical answer because I’m taking a much closer look at the infrastructure behind my businesses.


    There’s a difference between OWNING your product and PAYING for access to the infrastructure that hosts your product.


    I want to make sure I understand which one we have here.

    Recent Activity